Saturday, October 12, 2013
An Outsider's ZoiVi Experience
The story that I wish to share is not of the Zoivi member that realized that the entire thing was a scam, but rather my story is that of the girlfriend who had to watch the boyfriend she loved so much fall into this trap and turn into a complete stranger.
The past year Zoivi has caused me so much grief and I wish for no one to have the same experience. I want people to realize that when someone joins a cultish MLM such as Zoivi it does not only affect the person who joined it also comes with consequences that resonate onto the people closest to you: your family and your friends. So many relationships have been torn apart due to these so-called companies (I refuse to acknowledge them as legitimate honest businesses). The sad reality is that the relationships lost are never worth even the smallest fraction of whatever it is “earned” through working with these MLM cults.
My boyfriend and I have been good friends for over 4 years and during the last two we got together. We had an amazing relationship and we were good to each other. After a year of being together a friend of his roped him into going to a Zoivi meeting and then it all went downhill for us. He quit his good job and joined Zoivi and soon after quit college for it.
His life now revolved around Zoivi. All of a sudden, I scarcely heard from him anymore. He didn’t tell me what he was doing or what his job really was and whenever I asked him anything about work he was very vague about it. I became so frustrated because I wanted answers and I just felt deceived. All of a sudden he wasn’t sharing with me what is going on in his life. The worst was seeing all the pictures on Facebook and Instagram of him doing all sorts of fun things with these strangers and he couldn’t spend a day to do something fun with me. Screw all those “family days”; the only purpose those serve is to solidify their cult even more. Now the sweet loving guy I knew just walked around in a black suit all the time like a big shot, like all the other Zoivi people, but no one knew what he or any of them really did. I would hardly see him anymore, twice a month if I was lucky and our communication dwindled and for what!? Working literally 7 days a week with absolutely no time for anything outside Zoivi?! Coming home way past midnight regularly because of meetings and trainings?! (My favorite is that one time he was supposed to meet me then the CEO made a surprise appearance at 11 PM and called a random meeting that lasted like 3 hours and everyone HAD to flock to him…WHICH NORMAL COMPANY DOES THAT!)
So what was he doing at Zoivi exactly? All I ever heard of was training, training, one on ones, blah blah blah. First off, how much training do you need to sell mediocre, overpriced, not FDA approved diet products? Well then again probably a lot since no normal person in their right mind would purchase them without a Zoivi rep badgering and lying about the products. That is what they teach them in all those “trainings”, lies and how to tell lies. From what I perceived from these trainings they all started with sob stories followed by feel good motivational talks and then by more brainwashing. I mean how does hearing sob stories help “build your business” exactly? Well in Zoivi’s case it just helps you sympathize with the speaker allowing the audience to trust the speaker enough so believe them as they fill you with lies. That was the brainwashing I was talking about. My boyfriend had come to believe things that don’t make sense. I’ve listed a few at the bottom, read them and enjoy the b.s.!
- “college is a pyramid scheme” (Last time I checked you pay for valuable education, a degree, and chance to choose work from a larger job pool. They aren’t taking my money for nothing valuable in return. Yes the job market sucks and student loans are a pain but college is what you make of it and I still believe it still can be a viable tool to be successful.)
- “look at those people working in Wendy’s, they could be making so much more money with Zoivi” (It is not my place to judge Wendy’s workers but they are making an honest living by not tricking people to waste their money behind a fake business opportunity! Besides in actuality those burger flippers are probably making more than most of those ‘Zoidroids’ who most likely don’t turn a profit when the expenses are added up.”)
- “the products are not expensive” (Bullshit! The products are way overpriced! The same thing and even of better quality could be bought at GNC for fraction of the price. And they try to get you to buy their cheapest $700 package and then try to convince you that isn’t a lot..please give me a break. Besides they are not FDA approved and I did try their detox and all it did for me was make me puke! And all those “results” they show are not what they seem! Anyone could lose a few pounds of water weight if they starve themselves for a day as the detox instructs!”)
- “I could retire in 5 years and retire my parents like Mr. Evaji” (More bullshit. Here is what really happens, you would join lose money and soon you wouldn’t be able to keep up all the expenses of your “business” this includes buying the product stock and other booklets and stuff needed to sell, pay for your website upkeep costs, buying expensive black suits and ties, paying for transport, buying outside food because you don’t have time to cook at home anymore, “family” activities, meetings, costly retreats (airfare, hotel, food…you pay for), and others exist that I don’t even know of. All of this not to mention all your time and energy! On top of that no pension, social security, or health insurance. If Zoivi really cared about its employees wouldn’t it have benefits or retirements plans. Yes they blab about this “residual income” but think hard about that and if that even possible by selling crappy overpriced diet products or by recruiting ignorant people? Eventually they will lose money and quit and competitors will destroy any so-called Zoivi “consumer base”. Either way, Evaji is just sucking everyone’s money for start-up fees and events.)
- “I don’t want to work at a job just to make the boss money” (This one is so stupid. I mean at a job you work and make the money you earn, whether or not you are underpaid that is your judgment call. Besides there are bosses and business owners who make less than their employees or just break even, especially at a start- up business. Everyone starts somewhere, maybe you have to work for someone to learn the business to be the boss one day, or maybe you should go to college so you learn the trade and then be the boss. Besides the point, when you work at Zoivi, technically, you are not “your own boss” you still have and upline to account back to on everything you did and they make a share of your profits so, no you are not the boss of your own business they have control on your money and your “business”. And trust me your upline will be up your ass for every little detail in your life and call and text you 24/7 about your “business”, really a string of text from people in your upline at 12:30 AM about “business” is a little excessive. P.S. Duplicating Wednesday = You duplicate everything your upline does and they clone you to become them.)
Anyways my boyfriend basically turned into a Zoidroid douchebag. He completely changed! It was like he couldn’t think for himself and he lived in this little Zoivi bubble. It is part of any cult to brainwash the followers into developing this ‘it’s us vs. them’ attitude. His personality changed, he wasn’t fun anymore and he became cruel. He would be happy when he told some girl off in a one-on-one (the meeting to sign people up) and made her cry saying that she was stupid and would never succeed in Zoivi or have a mindset for success... yeah he turned into a jerk, completely the opposite from the kind, sweet guy I knew.
When he started missing important things such as Valentine’s Day and a college formal (that I really wanted to go to) for Zoivi trainings and meetings, I just became more and more frustrated, mostly frustrated seeing him slip away. Then I started researching what Zoivi really was, and the words MLM and pyramid schemes etc… and I started to realize the truth of what he was involved with and whenever I’d bring any of it up he would get so defensive and retaliate with the usual “you are being too negative”, “you sound like a confused person”, “you are overthinking it”, “it’s too big for you to understand”, “we are going to take over the world, trust me and don’t worry about it”, ugh the bullshit, used to piss me off to no limit! He would never give any adequate answer backed up by facts! Instead of having a mature conversation I was spoken to as a child. The best phrase that pissed me off royally was “you don’t support me”. BULLSHIT I supported him through a lot of shit even with the Zoivi crap I tried adjusting to it and cheered him, went to stupid functions because it made him happy. Then all of a sudden when I mention that I read that it wasn’t a stable business, I don’t support him all of a sudden. I see now that it wasn’t only heartbreaking but also unfair. I was just so hurt I tried keeping everything together and it all still kept falling apart. Eventually, he ended it saying that he felt bad for not being a good boyfriend to me and not giving me the time he deserved, of course he also had to add in that our relationship was too much a distraction for his business. Yeah right, I hardly saw him anymore or have normal conversations with him, how was I any sort of distraction to him? I felt like shit and so confused because we were so good before all this Zoivi garbage. Before all of the Zoivi crap he was a good person, kind, loving, loyal guy, now I don’t really know what he is anymore.
Looking back now, I realize from slight comments I’d hear from him, that all along the Zoidroids have been meddling in our relationship. I remember one time he told me that those Zoivi girls told him that if they had a boyfriend as busy as he was they would have broken up with him a long time ago. When I went to their stupid events I remember having this discussion with them, “Wow you’re so busy with college and work and he’s so busy doing big things over here, how does your relationship even have time?” I mean really, why is that any of their business! I feel like behind my back they have been slyly encouraging him to break up with me, mostly evident in the terrible nickname they gave me behind my back. On top of that after I met a lot of them, I asked the boyfriend the next day what they thought about me, his response was that they all were asking him why he didn’t get me into Zoivi already! I mean I was like thinking they’d say oh she is nice or we like her, she’s cool, or something like that. Why does the first thing out of their mouths have to be, “Why won’t she join?”? Since when do the people you work with have any say in your relationship?
What I do know is that the relationship that I cared for so much he thought was second to Zoivi. I was like he was cheating on me with Zoivi and Evaji! Frankly, since the first time I met Evaji, before I researched any of what Zoivi was about, I had a bad feeling about him. I didn’t trust him. Maybe it was the whole I lived in my car sob story I couldn’t believe or maybe it was the way all the Zoivi reps were willing to do anything for this man even lick the dirt off his sandals, either way I knew he was shady shit. The way they extol him like some sort of god is just creepy. I mean they put so much trust in this guy who ultimately created such an elaborate system to use them all. He has so much control over them! They would do anything he said just to suck up to him, because if he likes you or not matters. For example, my boyfriend had told me if he likes you enough he would invite you to live in the mansion, that and if you are doing successful in your “business”. Evaji is just a creepy man all-in-all. Once I told my boyfriend that I thought Evaji was gay because he dresses so flamboyantly and he was so appalled at my statement he was like no Evaji has plenty of girlfriends and that Evaji only wears the best brand named clothes and at the end of every month he throws away his entire wardrobe and buys a new one. OK, WHAT A WASTE! By the way everyone in Zoivi has such an obsession with name brand items, only brands like Hugo Boss and Armani they should wear. I don’t like their materialistic attitude and the need to smugly rub this “lifestyle” in everyone’s faces to make it seem like their little cult is superior to everyone else. My ex-boyfriend used to be humble and never cared about pointless crap about the brand of his tie but now he does just like the rest of them. Evaji either trained him or they all just want to be dicks just like their god. I just think Evaji is not a genuine person, all the niceness fake, actually all of Zoivi is really good at putting up this nicey nice act but it is just that, an act. They just care about your money not your friendship.
These Zoivi people are terrible and ruthless. If they ever approach you, avoid them at all costs. If you think this is a great opportunity to make money or to make new friends, think again. You won’t make money. If you do, it would not be honest money or worth the time and effort you put in. You won’t make friends. People interested in you only for your money and people thinking that you are going to fund their dreams; these are not real friends. Lastly, I ask you to think about your boyfriend or girlfriend, your real family, and your real friends before if you ever consider joining Zoivi. If you love them and care about them do not push them away with something as stupid as Zoivi. The people that care the most are usually the ones affected the most by stuff like this, so don’t hurt them.